Please your palettes and stimulate the senses with this delicious recipe.
The doctor says, “Take your vitamins.” We say, “Eat your aphrodisiacs.”
Most dates involve quenching all sorts of appetites (hunger, thirst, entertainment, excitement and on and on). Our recipe for a Pepper Date is certainly no different. And since our forever goal is to help create space for more connection (and because we love food, drink and pleasure) we have the perfect dish (so easy-peasy) to make to please your palette, and stimulate the, uh, senses—so you two can just enjoy each other.
Once you’ve got your favorite person to play with and The Pepper Couple’s Kit in hand—the rest is simple.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound good-quality semisweet chocolate (such as Guittard or Scharffenberger)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Items for dipping: seasonal fruit (strawberries, bananas, figs - really any of them are perfect). Get creative with candied ginger, pistachios (both aphrodisiacs), or, stick with tried and true marshmallows.
How to make it:
- Fill a medium-size pot 1/3 full with water and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, turn the heat to medium-low and place a metal mixing bowl on top of the pot. Pour the heavy cream into the bowl.
- If using whole chocolate, chop it into even, small pieces. It’s easiest to do this with a serrated bread knife. Once the cream is warm, add the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Then, whisk in the peppermint extract or vanilla extract, depending which you prefer.
- Carefully transfer the melted chocolate mixture into a fondue pot. Light the flame underneath the pot to keep it warm.
Adapted from www.smartinthekitchen.com, recipe by Marcia Smart
Bonus** Fire up your Bluetooth speaker and turn on the Pepper Playlist to set the scene...to relaxing, sexy, fun and flirty.
And to wash it down—follow this link to our Pepper Date Thirst Quencher (or mocktail). Cheers to connection!